Dunbar Village is family-owned. We pride ourselves on our high number of long-term committed employees, you are family. Working in a Nursing Rehabilitation setting allows time for one-on-one care and getting to know each resident. Please contact our facility to set up an interview or ask any questions.
Full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Paid time off
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Assisting the Director of Maintenance in performing general maintenance and repair to facility and equipment, including plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting and patching, and equipment removal or installation.
Act as back-up for call person in case of emergency, respond timely and appropriately.
Safely handle all equipment to prevent accidents and demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of tools and safe use.
Follow preventive maintenance schedule/instruction and complete reports, as requested.
Will be required to: inspect and maintain emergency power equipment by testing generators once a week. Inspect and maintain fire alarm system to include testing system, fire doors, audible alarms, visible alarms(lights), and smoke detectors and record data on appropriate forms as required by state or facility; check condition and readiness of extinguishers on a regular schedule; inspect and maintain lighting system throughout the facility.
Inspect and maintain the plumbing system; replace or repair faucets, toilets, and sinks, as needed; repair or replace the furniture in rooms, offices, and dining room.
Any duties assigned by the director or members of management.
Applicants with nursing facility maintenance department or residential apartment maintenance experience are strongly encouraged to apply. We prefer one year of experience in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repair to qualify for this position. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must be able to work weekends as necessary. Must be able to perform the physical job demands of the position.
Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
High School/GED or better
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group/ works well within a nursing home setting
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner with the residents and care partners.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the job done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Covid-19 Requirements and Precautions:
- Screening on arrival and departure to include temperature checks
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Sanitizing/cleaning procedures in place
Downloadable Application Also Available: [ PDF ] [ Word ]