Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Dunbar Village is looking for a reliable LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for our elders in a professional and considerate manner. You will work under the supervision of a registered nurse, nurse practitioner and/or doctor. LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. It is a demanding job but also very rewarding.
Dunbar Village is an Eden Alternative registered home that encourages empowered teams in a home-like environment. For more information on the Eden Alternative, check out edenalt.org.
New nurses who are open to growth are welcome to apply.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Rehabilitation center
- 8 hour shift
- Day, evening, and night shifts available
Employees must wear masks which are provided. Proof of vaccination or approved exemption required.
Work Location: One location
Downloadable Application Also Available: [ PDF ] [ Word ]