We are searching for an exceptionally organized and engaging activities director to create and oversee the rollout of our activities program. To this end, the Activities Director will be expected to gauge individual interests, conceptualize appropriate activities, and ensure the availability of all necessary resources. You should also analyze uptake to ensure that the program remains stimulating.
Activities Director Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with staff and clinicians to understand the ways in which activities can promote healing and belonging.
- Conducting needs assessments to ascertain physical, cognitive, and emotional abilities.
- Determining individual interests and expectations regarding leisure time.
- Determining and overseeing the use of available finances.
- Developing an activities program that is both sufficiently diverse and sensitive to our elders’ requirements.
- Advertising events well in advance of their scheduled times.
- Supervising and participating in events alongside staff and elders.
- Compiling periodic reports that outline successes, constraints, and the way forward.
Activities Director Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Appropriate training and/or certification is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as an Activities Director for a similar group.
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of budgeting tools.
- Top-notch program, event planning, and supervision skills.
- Upbeat, communicative, and empathic disposition.
- Committed to fostering well-being and fun.
Reward yourself with a new opportunity! Our emphasis is to recognize and provide for the needs of individuals, whether the goal is to stay in our community or to return home. Join our care team and find out why it is a special place to live or receive care and a special place to work. This position requires dedication to a job well done; dependability, flexibility, accountability, and a positive attitude. Enjoy working with our residents and families.
Dunbar Village is a retirement community which offers various levels of care to elders; assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitative care.
Dunbar Village is family-owned. We pride ourselves on our high number of long-term committed employees, you are family. Please contact our facility to set up an interview or ask any questions.
Full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Paid time off
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance